Prof. Dr. Peter Rieckmann
Chief Physician Neurology and Clinical Neuroplasticity
Dr. Peter Rieckmann has been Chief Physician at Medical Park Loipl since 2017. Prior to that, he led the Multiple Sclerosis Center at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, Canada, and founded an international research group to improve care for MS patients, before serving as Chief Physician at Klinikum Bamberg, where he established the first German Heart-Brain Center and a specialized unit for neurorehabilitation. Following his residency, he practiced at Würzburg University Hospital before being appointed an endowed professor at UBC. He currently holds teaching positions at various universities in Germany and abroad and regularly conducts international consults as a neurologist and expert witness.
Focus, additional qualifications and memberships
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians Canada (FRCPC)
- Gerhard-Hess Prize of the German Research Foundation
- Käte Hammersen Prize
- Langheinrich-Preis für Multiple Sklerose Forschung
- Honorary Award of the Consortium of MS Centers North-America
- Member of the German Society of Neurology
- Member of the Advisory Board of the German Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Member of the "Deutsche Schlaganfallhilfe"
Studies and residency training
- Neurological University Hospital Göttingen
- University College London
- National Institutes of Health in Bethesda (USA)